Ainsa Course Objectives
- To study, from seismic-scale to bed-scale, the architecture, elements, and reservoir characteristics of a well-exposed deep marine sandy channelised fan systems which accumulated in the South Pyrenean foreland basin associated with syn-sedimentary tectonics. Relationship between tectonics and sedimentation. Subsurface (Ainsa Project) and outcrop data.
- To study the importance of seafloor topography in controlling fan sedimentation.
- To evaluate the location and significance of sediment-slide/debris-flow complexes in fan systems.
- To consider applicability of depositional model/s for the Paleogene of the south central Pyrenees to areas of hydrocarbon exploration and production,
- Training course in deep-marine processes, environments, and systems